Frequently Asked Questions about David Alcock
- Who are you?
MVS console operator
Mainframe Help Desk
MVS Systems Programmer
OS/390 Systems Programmer
z/OS Systems programmer
R&D and Level 2 support techie for an IBM mainframe ISV.
- What do your parents think of you being a mainframe techie?
Tell them I work with IBM mainframes? As far as they know, I'm a piano player in a whore house.
- How did you get started in IBM Mainframes?
A wealthy scoundrel seduced and betrayed me.
- What was your first job in IBM Mainframes?
I was a tape ape: hanging 3420 tapes in an medium sized IBM shop tape library in Dallas.
- How do you pronounce your last name?
There is only one "L" in ALCOCK not two. An easy way to pronounce
it is to say these two words:
- WDDD - What Does Dave Drive?
I have a Tesla and a gas guzzling Jeep Wrangler.
Return to Planet MVS home page.
Last Updated: 2022-01-02
This web page is © 1998-2022+ by
All Rights Reserved.