Freeware: Assembler - ISGECMOM
is an enhancement to IBM's
It acts as
ISGECMON's MOM (hence it's name)
and runs its life.
is a new CSECT that you add to your
load module. You make a few changes to
at certian function points.
This package contains directions to modify your copy of IBM's
a program that comes with MVS v4.3 and higher, that
informs TSO users about enqueue problems in real time.
is no where as nice as the MIM product from Legent (oops CA).
||PKZIP file containing a TSO
||Assembler H or higher
IBM's version of
isn't too fancy so this enhancer was
written (which only adds modest functions). Some of the things
Other functions could be added to this never ending task. Remember
that modify and stop commands will not be immediate since ISGECMON
has an user specified interval where "he" is asleep.
- Stopping of the ISGECMON via "P ISGECMON" and "F
ISGECMON,STOP" I think that ALL started tasks should
have this capability.
- Show some statistics about errors number of notifies
sent via command: "F ISGECMON,STAT"
$$README ... This member
$ASM ... Sample JCL to assemble ISGECMON and ISGECMOM
$CHANGES ... Changes needed to ISGECMON
ISGECMOM ... Program called by the modifed verision of ISGECMON
1) Copy 'SYS1.SAMPLIB(ISGECMON)' into this library as member ISGECMON.
2) Make the changes to ISGECMON as shown in the $CHANGES member. I
don't distribute a modified ISGECMON since it is IBM software.
3) Assemble and link ISGECMON and ISGECMOM into a LNKLST dataset
using the $ASMLINK member.
4) Create the started task JCL proc as described in the comments in
IBM's ISGECMON. I would suggest adding ",TIME=1440" to the EXEC
5) Start the ISGECMON started task and issue commands to it as needed.
Year 2000 APAR for the Global Resource Serialization monitor tool.
The software downloadable from this page is
© 1997-2000 by David Alcock.
This software is provided on an asis basis and no warranty is
provided. Use at your own risk
Return to Dave's MVS Freeware web page.
Last Updated: 2000-05-27
This web page is © 1997-2001+ by
All Rights Reserved.